About the Chapter
Nutrition and Dietetics unit is the health unit where support is provided under the guidance of experts for the dietetic needs of patients of all ages, especially nutritional problems and diet.
Esencan Hospital’s nutrition and dietetics unit, which has adopted the philosophy of establishing healthy nutrition standards and directing people to practices that comply with these standards, has graduated from the relevant departments of health faculties; employs experts who have the ability to translate the data revealed by nutrition science into practical information. These specialists work as members of a multidisciplinary team together with physicians and health professionals working in other units of the health center.
Specialists working in the nutrition and dietetics unit, apart from the services they provide in relation to obesity and weight management, some special diets due to various chronic diseases (kidney failure, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, celiac, etc.) or surgical applications (obesity and diabetes surgeries, etc.). It also provides the preparation of diet programs for people who develop a need for their conditions. These programs make it possible to alleviate the symptoms associated with the ailments, while reducing the likelihood of the patient developing complications after the surgical procedure.
Following the first application to the unit, patients are subjected to nutritional screening and various medical tests. Along with these tests, the examination is completed with questions about the family history; When the results indicate some risks associated with nutrition, appropriate treatment is initiated without delay. The type of treatment to be applied is determined by the professionals working in related branches (internal medicine, nephrology, etc.) together with the nutrition and dietetics specialist.
The staff of the unit providing services for children, adults and people who need special nutrition programs also closely observe the patients who have undergone surgical operations for the treatment of metabolic disorders and take measures to increase the quality of life of the person when necessary.
Nutrition and Dietetics Unit Related Services
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Eating Disorders Test & Treatment
- Body Composition Analysis
- Food Intolerance & Allergy Test
- Healthy Nutrition Counseling
- Nutrition in Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Child and Adolescent Nutrition
- Nutrition in Gestational Diabetes
- Gerontological Nutrition (CSG) Guidance
- Pediatric Nutrition (CSP) Guidance – Child Nutrition Counseling
- Renal Nutrition (CSR) Consultancy (For Chronic Kidney Patients)
- Vegetarian Nutrition Program and Follow-up
- Oncological Nutrition Program and Follow-up
- Athlete Nutrition Program and Follow-up
- Dietary Treatment in Gestational Diabetes Patients
- Diet Therapy in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Nutritional Counseling during Pregnancy and Lactation Period
- Nutritional Counseling for Cancer Patients