Urology is a specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases related to the urinary tract and reproductive organs. This field is divided into sub-branches as endourology, laparoscopic, neurourology, andrology, reconstructive urology, urological oncology, female urology and includes kidneys, ureters, adrenal glands, bladder, urethra and testis, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, which form the male reproductive system. and the treatment of problems associated with organs such as the penis. Esencan Hospital provides health services in all sub-fields of urology, which we have mentioned above.
After graduating from medical school for 6 years, in the urology unit of Esencan Hospital, where the diagnosis and treatment of diseases such as Peyronie’s disease, overactive bladder, soft tissue sarcoma, small bowel prolapse, hyperoxaluria and oxalosis, as well as urinary system cancers and all kinds of kidney disorders, are carried out. Physicians who have attained the status of specialization by receiving postgraduate training in the relevant field, as well as medical technicians and nurses who have worked in the same field are employed.
In the unit, an interdisciplinary work is carried out with oncologists, nephrologists and radiotherapists as well as urologists, especially in the case of a diagnosis of urinary system cancer. In addition, the physicians working in the department decide on the most appropriate treatment for the patient by collaborating with the gynecologists who provide health services in different units within the Esencan Hospital and the endocrinologists who deal with hormone disorders. At this stage, the patient is also informed in detail, and what kind of expectations they have from the treatment to be performed are reported.
In addition, in the urology unit of Esencan Hospital, communication is maintained with the central laboratory, which is also located in the hospital and equipped with modern devices, in order to diagnose the disease perfectly. At this stage, the following tests are performed in the laboratory environment, upon the request of the physician; Kruger morphology, spermiogram, antigen test respiratory tract agents multiplex PCR test, sexually transmitted agents multiplex PCR test, HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) multiplex PCR test, HCV genotype determination, hemogram, ferritin, SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin) and PSA in blood test (for the diagnosis of prostate cancer).
In addition to these tests, modern vision Injection methods such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR), Ultrasound (Urinary USG, Doppler USG, Transrectal USG), Voiding Cystourethrography (VSUG), and Computed Tomography (CT) are also used with the aim of making the diagnosis in the most accurate way.
Urology Related Services
The following health services are commonly provided in the urology unit of Esencan Hospital:
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Urinary Incontinence Treatments
- Bladder and Kidney Cancer Treatment
- Prostate (Stage 4) and Testicular Cancer Treatment and Follow-up
- Kidney Stone and Tumor Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Germ Cell Tumors Screening
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
- Erectile Dysfunction Diagnosis and Treatment
- Infertility Treatment
- Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment
- Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) Treatment
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Neurogenic Bladder Dysfunction
- Uterine Prolapse (Pelvic Organ Prolapse) Treatment
- Undescended Testicle Treatment
- Diagnosis of Vesicoureteral Reflux
- Treatment of Ureteral Cancer and Obstruction
- Urethral Diverticulum and Stenosis Surgery
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Overactive Bladder Treatments